Contact Manager
Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » Essential Reading, Viewing & Browsing

NEW HELICOPTER DVD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HelicopterConcepts
Shy 'Torquer
Shy 'Torquer

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: NEW HELICOPTER DVD Reply with quote

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to make you aware that there is a new helicopter DVD available. You may have seen our ad on this forum or on page 12 of Heli-Ops Magazine.

Autorotations in the R22 is an interactive training DVD that is approximately 75 minutes in length. Join Timothy Tucker (Chief Instructor, Robinson R22/R44 Safety Course) and Michael Zangara (Former Robinson Test Pilot) as they provide an instructor's view of Autorotations in the R22 helicopter! With over 45 years of combined experience and 25,000+ flight hours, Mike and Tim provide a unique insight into autorotations like you've never seen before. This exciting live action video will simplify and explain the basics of autorotation aerodynamics and the four-phases of autorotation.

See what an autorotation looks like from the pilot's perspective, as well as other views from both inside and outside the cockpit. Special cameras and techniques were used to capture thrilling never-before-seen video of R22 autorotations in action! This interactive training DVD includes a variety of helicopter concepts that are presented using easy to understand phrases and state-of-the-art computer animation. No pilot should be without this important safety information!

The video is available for $39.95 USD and can be purchased from http://www.helicopterconcepts.com/products.htm

Sample videos are also available for download from our website. These online samples provide a fast-paced glimpse of what to expect from our products, such as the Autorotations in the R22 DVD. Several file sizes are included, so turn up your computer speakers and enjoy the show! You can download these video files from the following URL (follow the instructions at the top of the page): http://www.helicopterconcepts.com/links.htm
Flying Foxy
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello HC.

I've just watched the trailer again and was about to click on 'PAY' to buy this but then remember seeing something on the homepage..

Running time: Approximately 75 minutes!
Format: DVD (NTSC Only)

Am I scuppered by this as NTSC (Never Twice the Same Colour) isn't the UK format.
We have PAL here. Actually, with DVD's isn't it the region that affects where it will play?

FF

HelicopterConcepts
Shy 'Torquer
Shy 'Torquer

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your interest! Most computer systems that have a DVD play the NTSC format, so if your PC has a DVD player - it probably plays the NTSC format. Unfortunately, we do not have a PAL version of this video, yet... but we should have a PAL version available for purchase by the beginning of July. I'll post again when the PAL version is available, but your PC's DVD player shouldn't have a problem playing the NTSC format (check your PC manufacturer to make certain).
Flying Foxy
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi HC,

Thanks for the reply. I could use the PC I guess (drivers not installed yet since new HDD for the DVD player) but I was hoping to relax in the lounge with the DVD player under the TV...

I can hang on until July, no problem. It may give me chance to get some experience in the 22/44 before I watch, it's been 12 years since I flew a 22!

Thanks.

FF

HelicopterConcepts
Shy 'Torquer
Shy 'Torquer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been informed that our NTSC DVD will play on PAL equipment. When the DVD was authoried, it was not restricted to any region (i.e. hidden codes for DVD players). Since our NTSC video will play in PAL players, we will not offer PAL versions in the future. To order your copy, go to www.helicopterconcepts.com and click on "Products"

Thank you!
Flying Foxy
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great - thanks for that. I thought that DVD is DVD whatever the format used, it's regions that cause the troubles.

Off to buy and sit back and wait...

FF

HelicopterConcepts
Shy 'Torquer
Shy 'Torquer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I wanted let everyone to know that we've made a few improvements to our shipping process. Specifically, we've reduced the delivery time from 4-6 weeks down to 1-3 weeks. In fact, we are shipping many of the new orders on the very same day. For U.S. customers, that means you will receive your DVD within 1-3 days. If you previously placed an order, rest assured that it was shipped last week at the very latest.

We take comments and input from our customers VERY seriously. If you have a question or a comment, please send an e-mail to Info@HelicopterConcepts.com or use the form on our website at http://www.helicopterconcepts.com/contact.htm

In addition to new textbooks with ineractive animation, we are making plans to introduce an entire helicopter ground school series from PPL through CFII. This new and updated series will include options for JAA, JAR, CAA, and FAA regulations. In the meantime, please don't forget about our current video, "Autorotations in the R22" which can be ordered from http://www.helicopterconcepts.com/products.htm

Thank you and clear skies!
Flying Foxy
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys at HC are STARS!!!

Down from 4-6 weeks to 1-3 weeks... mine took 6 DAYS from payment to arriving on my doormat this morning! Even quicker than Parcel Farce.

Many thanks - Positive feedback indeed. A+A+A+

And for your peace of mind (in the UK at least) - it plays!

FF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » Essential Reading, Viewing & Browsing All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: