Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » Corporate & VIP

MD Helicopters - Customer Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heli-Ops
H Addict
H Addict

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: MD Helicopters - Customer Feedback Reply with quote

For those of you who operate MD products I have got a number of the management, including Lynn Tilton the owner, to join the forum and where possible answer or address your questions and concerns.

Obviously some will have to be taken care of by PM's but for the most part they will try and answer them here.

So if you have a question for anyone at MD Helicopters post it here and will let them know so they can drop in and answer it.

Cheers

Heli Ops
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Name
afterburner
H Addict
H Addict

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Md Reply with quote

Hey, thanks a lot.

It might come in handy.

Also answered this post to eliminate the "ghost post" that has been plagueing the forum.

http://www.helitorque.com/portal/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2647

AB
Hughes500
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just asked my parts supplier for a new main rotor drive shaft for a D model, told 6 months plus from the factory. Just as well i have a couple of hundred hours left to run.
4 months ago replaced main rotor head on service exchange to find that the price has doubled since Dec last year. It would be nice if the factory is going to put some outrageous price rises on parts they could give due warning.

Improve the dealer net work. Friend who is a Uk national living in New York ( his wife on $ 5mil a year ) tried to buy a new 500 in NY. He tried on 5 occasions to speak to local MD dealer. Not once was he phoned back, now purchased an EC 120. Here in UK I could have sold 3 new MD's ( one of my customers gave up on the UK dealer ) The other 2 have seen a new airframe that has gone back to the States as it has over 80 faults with the skin. How the ac ever got into the factory let alone pass through quality control is unbelievable. In fact there cant be any quality control.

Another customer has a recent balance problem with blades. Has dicovered that the MD master blades at 3 different repair shops vary in weight by 600 grams ???????. When asked how they balance blades at factory told they balance by putting weight on the blades, which goes against the manaul ????
Factory tells everyone to put HTC blade tabs to -1 in the orange section. 500C then flies at 100 kt max. We move tabs to 0 speed up to 115 kts. Move to +1 and speed up to 125 kts. Next check we will try the same on a D model

I could go on and on but the factory does not seem to have a clue
Hughes500
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heli-ops

Obviously no one fron MD frequents the forum as I still have not had an answer as to why I have to wait 6 months for a main rotor drive shaft !
bug
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: That sucks Reply with quote

I would be pissed too. I think honestly that part of the problem is that the Mesa plant in AZ is slacking. I have not seen huge change in this organization from when they were part of the Light Helicopter division and owned by boeing.

I think the part you are seeking however is available...It is not that big of a deal to get a main for the helicopter unless the comapany is striving to save money and did not invest in the availability of replacement parts. This was why this company lost a huge contrct with a Gov org and will continue to loose contracts. Must have parts available.

Was the company sold again?

To bad for them they could of aspired to be one of the best. I know I did in fact build a few of those babies in Mesa from bulk-head to flight test. That R600 engine is great.

Great machine just bad management..and a lack of understanding of how to support the customer.
McBad
High Flying 'Torquer
High Flying 'Torquer

wales.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: MD Helicopters - Customer Feedback Reply with quote

Heli-Ops wrote:
For those of you who operate MD products I have got a number of the management, including Lynn Tilton the owner, to join the forum and where possible answer or address your questions and concerns.

Obviously some will have to be taken care of by PM's but for the most part they will try and answer them here.

So if you have a question for anyone at MD Helicopters post it here and will let them know so they can drop in and answer it.

Cheers

Heli Ops

Anyone from MD actually really monitoring this forum? Hello...? Anyone out there? Would you like to just drop by and confirm that you do exist and say hello?

Do I hear the deafening sound of silence?

Hughes 500, I reckon hell will freeze over before you get a useful response from MD as a result of this forum. Sad

M
WhirlyGuy
Administrator
Administrator

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: MD Helicopters - Customer Feedback Reply with quote

McBad wrote:
Hughes 500, I reckon hell will freeze over before you get a useful response from MD as a result of this forum. Sad

M

That's not through a fault of this forum though Wink

Can I just point out that neither myself or WhirlyGirl have anything to do with anyone from MD signing up for the forums and even though we are the moderators of this site and have full control over its operation I couldn't even say for certain if they ever have.

Would be nice to think that helicopter manufacturers stopped by from time to time but I would think that any problems or queries would be better off dealt with at source rather than on a public forum or slating might be the order of the day Wink

Would be nice to hear if any of the large manufacturers (doesn't matter who) stop by here though Smile

WhirlyGuy
McBad
High Flying 'Torquer
High Flying 'Torquer

wales.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: MD Helicopters - Customer Feedback Reply with quote

WhirlyGuy wrote:

That's not through a fault of this forum though Wink

WhirlyGuy

Totally agree Smile

M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » Corporate & VIP All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: