Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » Employment

more pilots, instructors & engineers needed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animalsticks
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: more pilots, instructors & engineers needed Reply with quote

don't know if anyone with the requirements won't be working already

Most seem to be on foreign soil

still was mailed these links

http://www.touch-aviation.com/details.asp?vacId=464&vt=MD%20900%20NOTAR%20Pilot

http://www.touch-aviation.com/details.asp?vacId=454&vt=Qualified%20Helicopter%20Instructors

http://www.touch-aviation.com/details.asp?vacId=125&vt=Flight%20Instructor%20%20Robinson%20R44%20Helicopter

http://www.touch-aviation.com/details.asp?vacId=126&vt=Flight%20Instructor%20%20Helicopter%20Bell%20206%20

Haven't posted all the engineer links as there are a lot. start here:

http://www.touch-aviation.com/details.asp?vacId=457&vt=B1%20&%20B2%20Helicopter%20Type%20Rated%20Engineers
If it moves i want a go
Jimmy
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a look at those jobs, interesting that the R44 Instructor gets paid more than the MD900 Pilot. Might apply for the instructor one, I wonder what sort of return of service they require for putting you through the Instructor course.
animalsticks
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure, i imagine you may be bonded for a time, only liable for the cost if you leave the company before the deadline.
You never know, they may just give it to you $$$ kurrching! $$$ Cool
If it moves i want a go
SilsoeSid
High Flying 'Torquer
High Flying 'Torquer

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy,
Call me a bluff old traditionalist, but normally you would need to be qualified to apply/get the job...or at least show that you have read the ad. As you wrote "I wonder what sort of return of service they require for putting you through the Instructor course." I assume you are not and have not.

I think that if you were to apply for the job and, (assuming they missed the lack of quals), got an interview and then asked for an FI course, the required 500hrs Instructing hours, and then asked for the required NVG experience, you would,

1. Be the very last resort (Why?)
2. Bonded for a very long time!
3. Have a very colourful CV!
Jimmy
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silsoe sid,
I was looking at another job from the same employment agency but my post was a bit confusing because I made reference to the R44 instructor getting paid more than the MD pilot, my mistake. I have posted the details of the job below and If they are giving away free instructor courses and the cash is alright I might be ready for a change. 3000 Hours of mostly bush flying in light single turbine/piston machines is getting a bit old now and I would like to live in a place where there is a bit more to do than here in a pretty remote part of Australia.

I am guessing that these advertised UAE positions are all for the same company, anyone know?

Category: Pilot
Languages English (spoken)
English (written)
Job Type: Helicopter Flight Instructor
Closing Date: 14 November 2018
Job Length: Permanent
Reference: TA1362

Description:

Our client is offering the opportunity for commercial helicopter pilots to gain their Instructor rating and to gain valuable teaching experience on the road to making Instructing their chosen career path.

Based in the UAE our client is a rapidly expanding flight academy and is now investing in the future by offering a number of places to suitably qualified candidates.
Qualifications:

Qualification for entry:
Minimum 1,000 hours total flying time.
Upper age limit is 60 years of age to comply with the local aviation law
Licenses:

ATPL (frozen), CPLH (Commercial Pilots License Helicopter)
Type ratings:

Instructors with NVG (Night Vision Goggles) experience and rating will be a distinct advantage
Additional Skills Required:

To be able to demonstrate the willingness to learn and develop the skills necessary to become a helicopter (rotary) flying instructor

Regards
Jim
SilsoeSid
High Flying 'Torquer
High Flying 'Torquer

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, all clear now.

Go for it Jimmy. Sounds like a good offer.
I would think a couple or three years return might be expected, looking at the other advert of FI and the hours requirement that you'd probably build up.

And you'd come away well qualified, experienced and pockets full of wonga Smile

ATB
SS
fluffy5
Shy 'Torquer
Shy 'Torquer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
It's for the company I work for horizon. The Md900 pilot is through us for the prince of Ajman, we trained the prince a couple of months ago for his ppl. Last time I knew there was an irish chap now flying it around from a few months ago, yet he may not be there now as the survial rate for some of the shieks is very low. The reason for less pay than instructor, is because our company is srewing who ever for the cash.
Helicopter side we do 99% military training, abitnio side on B206, advanced training same aircraft. The instructor wannabe would have to be ex military, our CFI will turn down anyone who is not. Plus we don't have time to train someone for a FI. The reason for NVG is we have a high calibre of old NVG instructors still waiting to train in nvg, yet still no approval from the authority. Only waiting for the last 3 years........
experience level, will have to have 2 to 3 thousand hours total time, ex military QHI with minimum 500hrs, if civilian 1000hrs instruction plus with a minimum of 250 hrs on B206 instruction to even have a fighting chance to pass our flight test with the CFI.
The marketing department tell these guys touch what they want, do not listen to the training side, have no idea of what requirement we need, and come up with fantasy ideas of what we should need, so presentley we turn down 95% of CV's from the first stage hitting the cFI's desk.
Robinson instruction is small and limited, last year we had seven engine failures due to temperature in them, long story short is you don't have the above requirements we won't have you either for the robbie position.
Plus if you do work for us, your chances of work in the emirates is screwed because the ruler of abu dhabi (our boss) has warned any operator that touches horizon instructors, that there will be trouble.
JUst a heads up for you guys
fluffy
Helijohn
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Instructor positions Reply with quote

well...............that's cleared up all my questions!. Won't be holding my breath for an interview!. Johnny be good.
Hillerbee
'Torquing Regularly
'Torquing Regularly

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demands, demands, demands. I don't see any reason why anyone would want to work there for the money on offer?!

Last edited by Hillerbee on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Exo
Shy 'Torquer
Shy 'Torquer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because some pilots are poor freelancers looking for anything and everything?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » Employment All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: