Contact Manager
Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » Simulation

Merseyside Police & NWAA repaints for X-plane EC-135
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Urgentemente
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Merseyside Police & NWAA repaints for X-plane EC-135 Reply with quote

I've just started having a go at making a North West Air Ambulance repaints (G-SPHU and G-NWAA), and Merseyside Police (G-XMII) for the EC-135 available for X-plane.

So far I've only done the NWAA text on the heli's doors, the Bond logo on the engine cowling (is that the correct term?) and removed the eurocopter text and logo that were on the base skin (I've started with one of the skins that came with it - it has 4 or 5 variants in the download, I'm using the ADAC one to start with , as I can't find a blank template so far..and it's close the the NWAA colours).

Here's the link to the download for X-plane.. although it states it's for version 8, I'm running version 9 and it seems OK - tho I've very little experience with X-plane so far and am still sorting out the control parameters etc, as it feels a bit twitchy at the moment (as if the joystick inputs are not smooth..)

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=687

I also came across this little piece by Austin Meyer (he writes X-plane) from a few years ago about a test flight he had in a EC-135, quite a good read I thought (again, I've no frame of reference to compare it with as I've never piloted a heli myself).
http://www.x-plane.com/adventures/ec135.html

When I've done a bit more work on the repaint(s) I'll post a pic up, and/or the repaints themselves. I've figured out how to make the liveries option work so it should just need the .png files for each repaint and shouldn't take long to download.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » Simulation All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: