Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » The Marketplace

RC carbon quadcopter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tegwin
High Flying 'Torquer
High Flying 'Torquer

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: RC carbon quadcopter Reply with quote

Firstly, for those who are not familiar with multicopters. They function much like a normal helicopter, but rather than having complicated single rotor systems they have 3 or more rotors each powered by its own brushless motor and speed controller. A central processing board with a microprocessor on it analyses the input from the 3 gyros to control the aircraft. Because of this it is infinatley more stable than a traditional helicopter and can hover "hands off" for a good 30 seconds.

With the introduction of cheap(ish) microprocessors these multicopters are quickly becoming the next big thing. They are ideal for FPV flying (wireless camera on the copter and video goggles on your face so you "fly" for real).

I designed this one with FPV in mind. Have had a laugh with it this summer, but I am now heading back to uni so really could do with the cash for another slightly more commercial project I am working on.

The spec of this beasty:

Frame: Fibreglass and carbonfibre with foldback arms approx 80cm between rotors (through the centre)
CPU: KKmulticopter controler (firmware can be changed and upgraded for different layouts of multicopter) Very stable board.
Motors: 4x brushless motors 800Kv
BESCs: 4x Turnigy brushless controllers
Batteries: 2x 2200Mah lipo cells. (1 required for flight at a time with an approx flight time of 10-15 mins)
Extras: Battery level meter (beeps and flashes as the charge decreases). USBTiny programmer so you can upgrade/change the firmware on the control board. Spare props.

As it stands the copter is all programmed up and ready to go. Setup with two modes, one smooth slow response mode for FPV and filming work and one twitchy fast response mode for aerobatics. (you can make this thing do loop the looks and flips)

I can supply it with an e-flight transmitter and spectrum reciever for an additional 30, but ideally you need a radio with expo. I do have a brand new spectrum Dx6i computer radio I could include at cost price.

For the hexacopter ready to go (just add transmitter and lipo charger(about 18 from ebay)) im after 320.

If you wanted either of the transmitters I have, im happy to set it up for you.

Collection from Malvern/Plymouth or can post.

Pm on here or email direct tegwin at msn dot com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » The Marketplace All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: