New Yesterday: 0
Registering: 0
Members: 6662
Latest: chrisw

Most Ever Online
Visitors: 447
Members: 10
Total: 457

HeliTorque :: View topic - This forum is withering on the vine!
Forum FAQ
Forum FAQ
Search
Search
Memberlist
Memberlist
Usergroups
Usergroups
Contact Manager
Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » Torque, Chat, and Chill!

This forum is withering on the vine! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James T Lowe

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah humbug to Facebook. Rarely use it anymore. Don't understand it. And generally I don't like the somewhat cynical approach to harvesting/publishing of personal data/information. And I can't stand the constant barrage of '10 things you didn't know about x'. (Remember when Facebook was all about throwing sheep and poking people?)

Twitter on the other hand - a clean, simple concept and interface, not changing every 3 months! I'm easy find - give me a follow.

But you're right, veeany, Facebook probably has been responsible to a lesser or greater extent for smaller forums like this seemingly drying up.

Also I think a real problem here, and a significant contributor to the lack of traffic now, was the proliferation of spam/rubbish that attacked the forum. Evil or Very Mad Prior to that, registration was fairly open - but in an attempt to cut out the rubbish, that became restricted and required approval. Fine for a few weeks/months, but what happened then was the number of new member registration requests went through the roof - hundreds per day. It's impossible to weed out the legitimate users from that - so it didn't happen. With no new users coming in, and the only posts to read being adverts for gold, frankincense or myrrh, it's perhaps not so surprising that conversation dried up.

For what it's worth, I check here at least weekly, if not daily - although there hasn't been any of that horrible spam stuff for quite a while!

As for flying - I've really not done a lot recently. R44 revalidated in February (after 18-month lapse), but haven't flown since. Sad Really must do something about that.
PilotWolf
H Addict
H Addict

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

veeany wrote:
PW,

I had a quick look here over last weekend, I think part of the issue is lots of members have had situation changes and lots of people keep up with each other through Facebook and groups on there. It's not the same as the community there once was on here but I suppose times move on.

I'll keep checking back with interest to see what members are posting.

Gary

Maybe... but I don't know everyones realname for facebook and some forvarious reasons might not want to add me/you/them but are still interested in their exploits.

Oh and some of your exploits probably shouldn't be on a nce forum like this!

Very Happy

PW
flip2
High Flying 'Torquer
High Flying 'Torquer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still swing by from time-to-time to see if anything is happening.

I think I came to the forum in its twilight years anyway, but a shame to see it dry up so much Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » Torque, Chat, and Chill! All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: