Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » Anything Goes!

Motorbikes Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vigor
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internet access..... Of course 24/7 - we have high tech modern satellite equipment onboard - I spend all day listening to CaptialFM in my office and surfing - oh and do the odd bit of work now and again!

The best bit is because I am the Communications officer, I have control of our computer network and the satellite system so I have full access for free!!! Passengers pay through the nose, so I guess they are paying for me.

I hope there is another Xmas bash next year, I'm definately up for that.

Cheers,
Vigor
WhirlyGirl
Administrator
Administrator

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There might be a bash sooner than next Christmas if you're lucky - any excuse for a party!! Wink

WG Cool
Vigor
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case I'll get my mate to wear his lucky hat!
The first time he wore his new hat and bought raffle tickets he won about 5 prizes in one weekend event, inlcuding a first prize worth 450 quid!
So thought I would have a go too and won 2 prizes. Before he had his hat we had never won anything at raffles...

I'm sure my other half would be up for anything that includes booze!

Vigor
JLM
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I finally got round to getting my old toy out! (Although I only took it out of the garage for a quick photo shoot, due to it being so bloody cold!) Here it is my lovely little bike which I bought brand new from Birmingham! (Quarry Bank) when I was just 17.

My mother and I spent hours getting lost trying to find this bike shop, I was getting so frustrated! It came complete with a broken collar bone and six weeks off work! Due to crashing it at Charlcote bends (near to Wellesbourne airfield) on the second day! I was so overwhelmed with it on the first day that I was too afraid to ride it. Luckily I didn???t damage the bike too much, just my pride (& collar bone). I used to have hours of fun riding it round town, being the envy of many youngsters and probably upsetting allot of the local drivers and residents as well.
Oh well those days are over for me for a while (have had second thoughts about riding on the road due to various reasons), It is fast coming to the time when my bikes fate will be determined on ebay. I still get my biking fix, though it is now on four wheels this time and racing around the fields.

(The photo was taken by my father who hasn't a clue how to use the camera!) I love nothing better that getting out in the fresh air and chasing the deer away! It sounds kind of cruel, but they keep nibbling all the newly planted trees. They can???t understand that if they leave the trees to grow, both us and them will all will have a much better landscape to live in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » Anything Goes! All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: