Search
Memberlist
Memberlist
Usergroups
Usergroups
Contact Manager
Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » Announcements & Comments

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT
Posts on Helitorque
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhirlyGuy
Administrator
Administrator

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Posts on Helitorque Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Just thought I should address the ever-increasing problem of phantom posts on these forums. Over the past week or so there does seem to have been a rise of the amount of un-related posts on these forums.

Whilst this is a complete pain there isn't much (at the moment) that we are able to do about this. Once we move to a new platform of software we will be in place to have some better prevention routines available to us but until then I would kindly ask that any of these types of posts are just left with NO replies to them so that WhirlyGirl or myself can just come in and delete them when we see them.

Whilst I know you are all just having fun at these idiots expense, posting to these threads actually doesn't help as all it does is by its own action cause even more non-related posts.

Whilst we do have a forum dedicated to talking about anything you want to and we openly welcome this kind of conversation, posting to these idiots posts just gets them exactly what they want, which is - notice.

Therefore if I could kindly ask that no one posts to any more of these threads as tempting as it is to tell these utter idiots where to go as then we can just delete the post before our server gets completely clogged up.

The second reason being that we are not falling into their trap by posting to them. Most are just automated form posts anyway so not even a real person so they're really not worth posting to in the first place as no-one is on the other end to hear what you're saying and to tell the truth knowing the kind of people that do perform this kind of thing they wouldn't care even if they did read these posts.

Therefore in future could everyone please refrain from posting to anything that looks like an automated post and either myself or WhirlyGirl will delete the thread as soon as we can and deal with the user(s) as soon as possible.

Thanks for your help in this matter. If we all work together on this we may one day be able to cut these idiots out of a reason to do this in the first place.

Anyway chins up and hope you all have a great bank holiday weekend.

WhirlyGuy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HeliTorque Forum Index » Announcements & Comments All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: