Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » Essential Reading, Viewing & Browsing

Cockpit Aids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindSwept
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Cockpit Aids Reply with quote

I know some of you may have them or not i was wondering if we could get a list together and make available those that want to share their cockpit aids!

Im talking about maybe little cards you have made for your kneeboard that give you the sums for working out what fuel you need quickly in an R22.

Or emergancy procedures cards, perhaps a signals cards that shows aerodrome signal square symbols to decode.

post away!
PilotWolf
H Addict
H Addict

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to have a few things on my knee board but found the board a pain so no longer use it.

IMHO emergency procedures should really be a memory item not a checklist for single engine machines as you aren't going to have time to read a checklist on the way down Smile

Personally the only thing I now carry written down is the local frequencies as there are too many around here for my old brain.

W.
ALFA8C
H Addict
H Addict

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just bought a kneeboard to write down departure instructions and as Pilotwolf says, to keep a list of local frequencies!

Not used it yet but i'll see how it goes!
paddywak
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep putting random creases in my 1:250000 with the cylic in a flare, and if Im not creasing that I'm hitting the giant stopwatch clipped to my knee board. If you are solo it's much easier to keep it on the passenger seat. I'll either have to shorten my legs or earn moreŁ so I can train in the 44 instead.
PilotWolf
H Addict
H Addict

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paddywak wrote:
I keep putting random creases in my 1:250000 with the cylic in a flare, and if Im not creasing that I'm hitting the giant stopwatch clipped to my knee board. If you are solo it's much easier to keep it on the passenger seat. I'll either have to shorten my legs or earn moreŁ so I can train in the 44 instead.

I found the board used to get in the way in the R22 so ended up using the elastic strap from it to hold charts, etc. As for the stop watch - my flying has never been that accurate and have always managed to use the clock in the machine, several I have flown/fly have a stopwatch on the instrument cluster - a cheap magnetic kitchen timer is also good BUT be careful where yu attach it! Smile

Be very careful of laying things on the passenger seat - can be come FOD in the controls very easily and definatetly no doors off! Consider strapping your kneeboard around the seat cushion so you can use the clip in the normal way.

W.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » Essential Reading, Viewing & Browsing All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: