New Yesterday: 0
Registering: 0
Members: 6662
Latest: chrisw

Most Ever Online
Visitors: 447
Members: 10
Total: 457

HeliTorque :: View topic - My new EASA licence has arrived!!
Forum FAQ
Forum FAQ
Search
Search
Memberlist
Memberlist
Usergroups
Usergroups
Contact Manager
Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » Torque, Chat, and Chill!

My new EASA licence has arrived!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas Coupling
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: My new EASA licence has arrived!! Reply with quote

Quick turnaround CAA - well done for that Wink

It arrived safely via a courier, complete with a 'free' wallet, consisting of around 10 pockets - rather like the old CAA/JAR wallet in fact. A lovely Blue colour with "Flight Crew Licence" embossed on the front. Very excited and proud Wink

The licence arrived neatly folded - almost perforated in fact, in the exact size to fit in a pocket of my new little "Flight Crew Licence" wallet - I just cant contain my excitement!

I noticed on the back of my licence, it listed the expired types of machines that I used to fly, of which I've let lapse. That's good I thought - I may wish to pick up on one later in life, and instructors can see that I once was qualified on type. This is just too good to be true! Rolling Eyes

Also on the back, it has printed "Intentionally Blank" in each folded segment - Yup! just as on my old licence - fantastic! Wink All my ratings are there, including my Night qualification. It can't get better! The CAA has come up trumps for once!

So I set about cutting the segments up to go in my little Blue Wallet, and all is well. Each page has "Intentionally Blank" on the back as it should, and the little loose-leaf holders in my new Blue wallet are exactly the right size - how easy was that?

With pride in my heart and a spring in my step, I leaped at the opportunity to show my Training Captain my sparkly new EASA Licence Very Happy "he'll be over-the-moon with me" I thought - I'm the very first to receive one - Brownie points for me no doubt!

"You’ve cut it up,” he say's. Oh yes I have Very Happy ! The kind folk at the CAA made it so easy, and look! They’ve even printed on the back of each 'page' - just like our old licences.

"You can't cut it!" Why not? "because it say's in the rules that you can't" Confused Oh Evil or Very Mad
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear fellow Heli pilots, Please do not cut your new EASA licence to fit in your new little Blue Wallet Twisted Evil Apparently, after each LPC, one has to send the whole licence off to the CAA - On the other hand, we're not allowed to fly without our licence about our person - erm...Am I being thick? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

GPS - No fix available Sad
LoachBoy
H Addict
H Addict

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No no, not thick TC - it's EASA's way of ensuring effective crew rest periods..... A mandatory weeks rest after every LPC, whilst you wait for your licence to be turned around! Rolling Eyes
Thomas Coupling
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Yes! Wink I knew there was a valid reason.... Silly me Evil or Very Mad

PilotWolf
H Addict
H Addict

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might explain why my nice little credit card type with all my ratings/qualifications/limitations on is a free issue and two whole US $ to replace compared to a couple hundred of your good old GB £? Wink

W.
Thomas Coupling
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's not as if the technology isn’t available. A European LGV driver now has a 'Tacho' card, which retains 28 days of driving data, along with all his/her personnel data. That costs around £30.

PilotWolf
H Addict
H Addict

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas Coupling wrote:
And it's not as if the technology isn’t available. A European LGV driver now has a 'Tacho' card, which retains 28 days of driving data, along with all his/her personnel data. That costs around £30.

Yep, I have one of those too. You can even buy the readers so you can download the details yourself instead of relying on the transport manager to do it.

My Green Card and TWIC card have similar technology, my badge has RFID chip technology to open the secure doors at work, etc.

W.
lancsman
High Flying 'Torquer
High Flying 'Torquer

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Requirement Reply with quote

Hi

It might just be me being thick or the poor CAA website layout but my reading of the guidace notes on revaildation of a type rating does not say you return your license. Has this changed for EASA?

Mark
Thomas Coupling
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey Mark, you've dug very deeply in the CAA web site - Too much time on your hands I'd say! Very Happy

Valid point nonetheless, of which I have'nt a clue what the answer is!

MAUW-oops
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: LPC revalidation / renewal Reply with quote

HI all.

If you fly an LPC renewal / revalidation then the examiner merely writes on your ticket, the date type and expiry of your LPC. No fee to the CAA>

However, if you have to reissue your ticket, (new type, removal of restriction etc) they then change you £20 admin fee to transfer the information from your LPC into printed form on your ticket.

So any LPC's revals on your ticket you will pay an additional £20 to have it entered onto their system.

Max
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » Torque, Chat, and Chill! All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: