Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » Student Pilots & Hour Builders

Back in the air soon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolmangar
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Back in the air soon Reply with quote

Due to time constraints it's been over a month since I've taken a lesson. In fact my last flight was my long dual cross-country flight to Charlottesville Virginia.

Now that work has let up, and the general chaos in my left has died down I'm getting back on the schedule again! Can't wait.

My hope is to finish up by mid-January, I've got about 12 hours mandatory left to do, in addition to however many hours it takes me to finish preping for the practical exam. If all goes well I won't have "lost the touch" during my time off, and will get back into it without too much of a problem.

Haven't been on in a while, hope all of you are doing well.

-Mike
WhirlyGirl
Administrator
Administrator

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya!

I am in the same position - I had been ill for a few weeks - not really feeling up to flying as I was quite bunged up and coughing, but now I am fine and on Sunday I flew the JetRanger!! Smile

Looking forward to getting back into the R22 next week! Only 30 odd hours left to do - yikes! Just got to do the nav exam now as well.

WG Cool
Dolmangar
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No fair, I don't have a jetranger to practice with! Although the 206 is supposed to fly very much like the B47 I fly. Perhaps I'll get my chance.

My instructor flies a 407, perhaps I can convince him to sneak me in for a bit of seat time...
Catwoman
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Jetranger Reply with quote

WhirlyGirl did a fantastic job of flying the Jetranger last Sunday. The weather was very dismal! Viz was pretty abominable so had to fly around the murky stuff on the way to Kemble Airfield. All good training though. Can't just learn in good weather! Flew back with a beautiful sunset over the Malvern Hills on the way home. All looked very jurassic!
We had a lovely lunch at the AV8 Bistro at Kemble Airfield before heading off back to Wellesbourne and shifting a Hughes 500 into the hangar before we could get the Jetranger in!!! Confused Imagine the hangar - a Squirrel to the right of you, a gaggle of R44s to left of you plus another Hughes 500 to the left!!!! ALL THOSE BLADES!!! Shocked Plus the Hughes 500 we had to push in (again all those blades!!), then finally the Jetranger (with a couple of motorbikes parked in an awkward position right next to where the Jetranger resides!!). Anyway, we managed it between the four of us without 'dinking' any blades!! PHEW!! Ready for drinkies after that, which led us straight back to mine and Cap't BLME's house with WGirl and WGuy for the good ol' alcoholic stuff (except for WGuy, because he is good and doesn't drink!)

have a look at our photos here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » Student Pilots & Hour Builders All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: