Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:53 pm Post subject: CHRISTMAS QUIZ (continued!!)
okay - so I have got question 1 right! NOSE
2. Done that - on HeliTorque site
6. White Christmas (with Bing Crosby in it! and Rosemary Clooney, Danny Kaye and Debbie Reynolds (who is the most amazing dancer!)
9. Charlie Chaplin
12. "I say Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"
13. 16-20 hours
14. "The Santa Claus Family Comedy" (CRAP!!)
15. 781 hours (32 days)!!
1 - Correct
2 - Correct (1 Spelling mistake - tut tut )
3 - Incorrect I'm afraid
4 - Correct
5 - Incorrect
6 - Incorrect
7 - Incorrect
8 - Correct
9 - Correct
10 - Incorrect, but I can see where you got it from.
11 - Need the full name (Pedantic twerp aren't I)
12 - Bit of a twee joke in your answer (spelling!!)
13 - Correct
14 - Correct
15 - Correct
Just a few more and you will win the Xmas prize!!
W-Guy _________________ If at first you don't succeed.........
Joined: Oct 2, 2004 Posts: 28 Location: Stratford-upon-Avon
Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:13 pm Post subject: My quiz answers
Right, well now it is time for me to make a fool of myself, considering I haven't used any resources I'll have to guess some (if not all!). I thought I best give it a bash as Whirlyguy did take out his time to help me on some problems encountered on the chat. He said I should give it a go, so here goes:
1. His nose.
2. Donner, Blitzen, Dasher, Prancer, Dancer......
3. Erm, I know it is stating the obvious, but how about they are all Christmas songs!
4. They are usually a six sided shape.
5. The 26th, Boxing Day.
6. Holiday Inn?
7. Guessing England.
8. It is an incense/perfume, Myrrh is a precious fabric & Gold is a precious metal.
9. I wasn't even born then!?
10. Adding them up you would get 88.
11. I think it was Marley.
12. Uhm don???t know which song that was in! Sounds more like a line out of ???Debbie does Dallas??? or something of that genre.
13. Some random questions, well I guess it would be dependant on where in the wild it is and if there is any food for it to eat!
15. Without a calculator:
Reindeer can travel at 32mph,
Approximately 100 miles per 3 hours (96 miles = 3 hours) thus 3 hours x 250 (a hundredth of 25000) = 750 hours.
So 96 miles per 3 hours x 250 hours = 24000 miles.
With a remainder of 1000 miles; 30 hours = 960 miles.
So far 780 hours = 24960 miles
plus 1 hour = 32 miles
781 hours = 24992 miles
8 miles remaining = 0.25 of an hour
781.25 hours to cover 25,000 miles.
Right my brain hurts now!, hope I have some right!! Must go and get ready to go out. _________________ It's better to be down here wishing you were up there, than up there wishing you were down here.
I hope you don't mind me pointing this out but I wouldn't like to think you are trying to get extra points!! _________________ It's better to be down here wishing you were up there, than up there wishing you were down here.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum