Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » Announcements & Comments

2007 Photo Competition - Cancelled
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heli-Ops
H Addict
H Addict

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: 2007 Photo Competition - Cancelled Reply with quote

After the recent attacks I have received from members here on the forum I have decided, after discussion with Whirlygirl, that I am cancelling the 2007 Photo Competition. Its posts like this one below that have made me realise that trying to encourage helicopter photography here is a waste of time.

Quote:
The money was send after a couple of insisting messages to Ned. But I never received any magazine as listed as one of the winning items.

Quote Ned as of June the 7th: "I do know that the magazines and dvds have been sent... For those who won prizes will add another years sub to your prizes to say sorry. "

It is nice to start a competition and good to see that the prizes are being won, but it seem to me as no excuse that being away etc. is part of delays. We all have jobs etc. but that doesn't excuse us.

Very curious when the first issue of the magazine is going end up at my house.

Michael

As WG replied to him on the other thread I do this because I want to, not because I have to. I donate $10K USD worth of prizes each year for the photo comp and you know what, I get NOTHING out of it. I have been doing to it encourage people to get out there and shoot these majestic machines, but when I get comments like this it makes me ask myself "Why the heck am I doing this".

I spend most of my time, approx ten months of the year on the road writing and shooting for my four magazines, as well as running them. Most of the winners here have sent me a PM asking about the status and that is appreciated but those that attack me in public by posting on the forum have a lot to learn.

So as of right now there is no more 2007 Photo Comp. If Sarah and Mark want to run a HeliTorque one on their own then please by all means do so but HeliOps and HeliTac will not be running one.

To those that are awaiting any prizes, I am home for the next week and will ensure that everything has been sent and gone, and if it hasnt then it will be done so I can close this chapter off once and for all. For those who have entered the competitions in the past, keep shooting and capturing these amazing machines on film.

Cheers

Ned

anuva brilyant mynd rooind buy tha publick ejakayshun sistum
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Name
Dizzy
Shy 'Torquer
Shy 'Torquer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know and love Heliops and Helitac, and I expect some know H20 Full Throttle, but whats the fourth mag you do ?
Thanks
Heli-Ops
H Addict
H Addict

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dizzy - Its a new one coming to launch soon. Its a regional security magazine for Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

anuva brilyant mynd rooind buy tha publick ejakayshun sistum
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Name
Dizzy
Shy 'Torquer
Shy 'Torquer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great !
I look forward to the launch and seeing another great magazine published by you. Please keep us informed of its progress.
Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » Announcements & Comments All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: