Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » Employment

Bond Offshore Helicopters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haggishunter
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Bond Offshore Helicopters Reply with quote

As above,

Currently recruiting, they require CPL+IR(H) or ATPL(H) with type rating and experience on AS332L2, EC225 or AS365, most likely N3 model. AS365 base will be Blackpool or possibly Norwich.

Best of luck folks!

HH

"When the tough gets going, the tough eat haggis!"
Logan
H Addict
H Addict

canada.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

give me a good reference, lots of hour building and an instrument rating and i'll take it!
haggishunter
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have in the past emplyed CPL(H) pilots and bonded them for IR+Type Rating. Not sure ifthey are still interested as they still have people going through Bristow Academy, but it might be worth a shot for pilots without the IR(H).

All candidants will be required to have JAA licenses at time of interview I believe.

HH

Heliwhore
H Addict
H Addict

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately it seems to be aimed at attracting the disgruntled CHC pilots across, not taking on new starters.
Jp
High Flying 'Torquer
High Flying 'Torquer

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told they wanted twin engine IR and I have a single IR.

I've been trying to convince them to at least give me an interview and we can work the details out later, but there not having it so farÖ..

It's another bucket of cash for an upgrade, and pound for pound I can't see how it will help me dramatically be a better pilot, I think I would rather spend it on a FI.
Or am I looking at it the wrong way is it get the paper work they want and worry about the flying later.

Jp
AS355, AW139<br><br> *in a muffed voice*
PPL A
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
Heliwhore
H Addict
H Addict

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately that seems to be the case at the moment.

I was having this disscussion with GashJ the other day. Looks like the days of IR sponsorship have gone (they may come back, never know). However it looks like we have gone the way of the fixed wing world, ie to get a job now, we need to turn up with CPL/ATPL, Twin IR plus some experience(FI perhaps). The more you have, the less they have to put you through, ie less hassle factor.

It begs the question of how long before we follow again in fixed wings path and have to turn up with a type rating/IR on the aircraft they want us to fly.

If this ends up being the way of it, then to get a start down the offshore route in the future, pilots will need to part with up to £120,000.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong of the big operators, after all they are businesses trying to make/save money, and whilst there are pilots willing to stump up and pay for the courses, why should they change.
veeany

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP

There a lot of guys around at the moment, with freshly inked twin engine IRs, why should Bond or anyone else for that matter take someone with single only experience when they can choose from a pool of applicants who have the 'door opening' ratings already.

You cant use a single engine IR, and whilst some people seem to think there is no difference, dealing with the engine failure and not busting minima on the NDB is very different to either continuing to fly in the engine configuration you started with or falling out of the sky with a runway in front of you because you have only one engine to start with and it just failed !

Yes it doesn't take a genius at any of the NS operators to work out that you could be upgraded and even if it is at your expense post interview, at this moment you don't fit the requirements for any of the NS jobs advertised and are unlikely (not won't, its just unlikely) to get anywhere when there are pilots who have already committed their cash to getting a twin engine type rating and IR.

If you get one now will it help you ? I can't say but if you are not in the race to start with you cannot win it.

I can name at least 2 guys who have trained at Bond for twin and IR, both of whom have good reputations and would surely be high up the ladder of applicants , assuming of course that they applied at all.

Then there are the experienced guys, several of whom are flying very little at the moment they would probably be even higher up the ladder.

Then there are the CHC guys who are type rated, experienced on the routes being flown, surely top of the pile for any new job openings at the two new bases.

Whilst 4 years ago your SE IR may have put you top of the avaiable pile, at this moment in time [Sep 2009] it is next to worthless without completing the twin type rating and passing the SE-ME IR test (the content of which I was told about a few weeks ago and is worthy of a whole other discussion on its own).

Sorry if this sounds negative, but thats how things are at the moment.

GS
Jp
High Flying 'Torquer
High Flying 'Torquer

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you maybe right itís supply and demand.

I know my place down here at the bottom of the pile, still better that than the bin.
Shocked

Iíll let you buy me a coffee at HeliTech to cheer me up

P
AS355, AW139<br><br> *in a muffed voice*
PPL A
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
haggishunter
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry JP, good things come to those who wait.

There are few jobs at the moment and as HW mentioned, BOH are only after hacked off CHC chaps... which there appears to be a large supply of at the moment. Any companies preference would be to hire someone already experienced and trained up, it's just a waiting game I am afraid JP.

HH

flingingwings
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP,
Think you need to decide how you want to proceed?
Do you want to go offshore 'now'?
Or would you rather be an FI 'now'?

The MEIR won't make you a 'better' pilot but it will make you a different pilot. ME gives you more options, thinking about those options/ cockpit management whilst maintaining the IR accuracy is what you'll learn.

Similarily an FI ticket wont make you a 'better' pilot. Teaching is simply another change in direction. The FI ticket will show you lots about your ability, what you more than likely missed on your ppl, and is merely a rating that allows you to learn how to teach. Get the FI box ticked and you risk allowing your existing IR skills to fade.

Currently without the MEIR I think you'll struggle to get an offshore interview for the reasons you've already been given. That situation will remain until market forces dictate otherwise or you pay for the rating.

Know it's a tough choice but I feel you need to decide what direction you'd like to focus upon and then work exclusively towards that.

See you at Helitech Smile

If Garys too tight for that coffee come and scrounge one with 'us'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » Employment All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: