4th servo actuation with the changes. Small adjustments here and there. Lower mast bearing mount changed from doubling as the upper motor mount to now being the lower motor mount/lower mast bearing. Couplings are too long for a drive train to spur. Going back to pinion direct to reduction gear, but motor will be about 4 mm lower tha original configuration.
I had forgotten that there are a handful of considerations when scaling down or up between small and full scale. One of those being airframe mass. Most RC helos have rigid hubs and utilize blade bending to negate disymmetry of lift, so this week end I will be restoring the hub assembly back to and "RC" heli style hub. The mass/weight consideration apply to larger and full scale helos that utilize semi-rigid rotor hubs that teeter. The directional control will still be attained with the mechanical morphing airframe. In this vid clip I state that I will use a 3 bladed rigid, but only if this week-end proves unsuccessful. Both the Delta 3 and 90 degree flapping axises caused excessive blade back flapping.
I made significant changes to the airframe to lower the center of gravity. Both electric motors are still good. Still trying to track down a suitable mixer/speed controller. When I first started this prototype, I did not take into account the servo spacing. My patent drawing are for a manned platform. The servo pushes the upper airframe about 1 inch higher than it should be, displacing the weight and CG in a vertical manner. There is also a good chance that this is also what caused the torsion flex in the airframe and failure during the first tethered flight.
I've been working with a frenzy trying to finish my wife's chair and end table along with my project. Got everything loosely put together yesterday and something on the bottom of the motor burnt out, but the motor still works. Some type of circular chip board on the base. Anyway, with the rotor hub loosely tweaked and no servo attachment, with 1/4 bat charge, the helo was light on it's frame and stable. That surprised me because without the servo attached, the airframes can move forward and aft freely. Hope to have it going. Still need to tweak the hub assembly to tightend down the swah plate input control rods which serve no purpose no with out the swash,
Airframe hit the ground from 15 feet....airframe was more rugged than I had expected. The combination adhesive with carbon fiber gusset plates was a good choice on my part. The battery/yaw control platform broke free. It still flew, but lost forward/aft control which I expected. Regarding planform morphing airframes, if there are not 2 points of connection with the weight equally distributed between both airframes, allowing both airframes to move within "one another" the lower airframe will act like a clock pendulum. I suppose my theory proved right.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum