Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:45 pm Post subject: Heli-Exped Sweden, 1-7 June
Just to let you know of a helicopters-only expedition to Sweden at the beginning of June, broad outline:
Entirely designed around, and for, the unique capabilities of rotorcraft. We plan to avoid, as much as possible, anything that is straight, long and has numbers at either end!
This is the basic idea:
1. Prep (some helis will already be positioned)
2. We all meet in Copenhagen: Middelgrund Fort heliport will be reopened just for us (Fort island, similar but larger to those in the Solent), travel by RIB to city and nice hotel
3. Siljan Air Park, (prep gear and mentality!) – send a couple of helis to get pizza! A couple of others to go shopping for food/beer…
4. Bush camp, location one (during day, we will fly to different spots for picnic lunch/fishing)
5. Bush camp, location two (during day, we will fly to different spots for picnic lunch/fishing etc.)
6. Siljansnas hotel , helipad for multiple helicopters
7. Copenhagen (hotel), or further/different as required…
The two night spots are remote, with just enough space to land on a beach by lake or river (beautiful, obviously!), and where we can fish, chop some wood, make big fires and cook what we have caught. Many small airfields in the region for both avgas and JET A1 top-ups. We have identified ‘remote’ grocery stores for heli-supermarket/pizza/beer runs...
Please let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested and I will send you the full Infopack.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum