HeliTorque Forum Index » EMS, SAR & Law Enforcement

AIR RESCUE ALL OVER THE WORLD Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heli-Ops
H Addict
H Addict

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alsaiar - Welcome to the forum. I was recently up in Dubai flying with your fellow fliers at the Air Wing and Heli Dubai. Great bunch of people and I understand there are a few new helicopters soon to be on your ramp over there.

Look forward to your posts here on the forum.

Heli Ops
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Name
madmag
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

germany.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alsaiar - Welcome at helitorque. It is always nice to meet new people here on these pages. So you are inetrested in the work of the ADAC over here in Germany? I think it would be a very long trip from Dubai to Germany, just to see how work is going on over here. So in my opinion, it is better to receive more information via e-mail or postal. So if you send me a PM with your contact data, I will see, what I can do for you.

Heli-Ops - Hi, just got the calender 2006. Never received something from so far away. Thank you very much!!! It is a very nice one.

CU all later
aviatorjames
'Torquing Regularly
'Torquing Regularly

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to all of you who fly EMS and Air Rescue!!!

I fly for the Stanford University Medical Center here in northern California. We operate one BK-117-C1. Single-pilot, IFR. We fly with two Flight Nurses, both of whom are highly experienced in ICU and ER nursing ...they're pretty awesome!! We operate over a large geographical area including the coastal areas from San Francisco south to Monterey and Big Sur.

Best flying job I've ever had (I think I've had them all too!!)

FLY SAFELY!!!
aviatorjames

http://www.stanfordhospital.com/clinicsmedServices/medicalServices/lifeFlight/lifeFlight.html
madmag
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

germany.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi aviatorjames,
we are flying the same type of aircraft but over here in Germany EMS is generally not flow IFR, even if many of the pilotes are IFR rated. For primary rescue mission it doesn
BigMike
High Flying 'Torquer
High Flying 'Torquer

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to the rest of the HEMS community. I fly for a company based in the Czech Republic. We operate 4 EMS contracts, 3 in Czech, and 1 in the Slovak Republic using Bell 427's with Bell 206 L4T's as back-up.

www.alfahelicopter.cz

Cheers BigMike
hwkdriver
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

saudiarabia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: YOU SHUTDOWN? Reply with quote

Hey BigMike, I was looking at those pictures that you posted and it looked like in that first picture that the helicopter is shutdown. Is that standard procedure for y'all? I've been flying MEDEVAC for 12 years and have never done that. We never S/D because there's a higher chance of things breaking.

Great pics tho.

FLY SAFE,
Craig
aviatorjames
'Torquing Regularly
'Torquing Regularly

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike,
Very nice website too, some great photos!!!
Fly Safely!!!
aviatorjames
BigMike
High Flying 'Torquer
High Flying 'Torquer

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there hwkdriver and AJ. Yes we generaly shut down. You have to understand the system. In Czech we are a high-speed ambulance. Dispatch takes a call and then decides if to send a Fast car, Ambulance, or the helicopter, depending on distance and the injury level.
When we get a call, we are usally the first emergency crew to the scene, so we are there for quite some time. The flight crew also help the Doctor and Paramedic with drips, heart massage etc. Most of our calls are 6-12 minute flights. Recently we were flying back from Brno after a hospital transfer, and saw a car accident happen below us on the highway. We turned and landed about 60 seconds after it happened much to the surprise of the truck driver in the picture, who was about to ring the emergency number... No one hurt so we carried on back to base.

WhirlyGuy
Administrator
Administrator

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there BigMike,

So I guess you just (I know that's not all you do - not meant nastily) ferry the doctors and paramedics to the scene then? Do you ever ferry the patient away from the scene. I guess in that instance you probably wouldn't shut down then maybe?

Best wishes,

W-GUY

P.S. The utmost admiration for anyone who does this type of job. It is thanks to people like yourselves that a lot of people are given a second chance at life sometimes. Very very commendable work indeed!

........... give in!!! lol

W-Guy - PPL(H)
BigMike
High Flying 'Torquer
High Flying 'Torquer

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there WhirlyGuy. No, we transport the patient to the hospital as well, once the Doctor decides they are ready. Due to our quick response times, we are often the one's removing them from the vehicle etc. We simply shut down due to the fact that it is usually a while before they are ready to be loaded, and the flight crew are busy helping the medical team. The 427 is reliable and a fast starter so nothing to be gained by keeping it running. Also you tend to have a lot of on-lookers hanging around which can be a problem until the Fire and Police services arrive.

Some photos from the company site.

Anyone who would like a look around one of the bases, if they are in Czech, PM me and I will arrange a visit.
WhirlyGirl
Administrator
Administrator

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far are you from Prague?

WhirlyGirl Cool
WhirlyGuy
Administrator
Administrator

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I see now. Very good reasons. Especially if you have lots of people hanging around. Not good to get another accident from them. Even though I don't have many hours I can see that now. When we are flying somewhere we always have to be careful for people who want to get so close to the helicopter that you just want to cringe. I've got to say that I don't know if it is truly fascination on their part or just stupidity as I must say that before I learned to fly helis that their would have been no way I would get that close to one that was landing or taking off or anything. It would be a bit like jumping in front of a moving truck and hoping that nothing is going to happen!! Smile

I think people are probably just fascintated by them though. Will give them the benefit of the doubt on that one! Smile

From myself and everyone else on the forum, I must say a massive thankyou to yourself. Not only for the fascinating images and highly informative information that you have given us but also for your very kind offer of the visit to your operations. I know I can speak for WhirlyGirl when I say that we would both love to come over and visit at some point. It would be excellent.

Best wishes,

W-GUY

W-Guy - PPL(H)
BigMike
High Flying 'Torquer
High Flying 'Torquer

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Whirly's, We have 3 bases in Czech, of which the one at Jihlava is the busiest. It is about 1.20 from Prague, straight down the main East West highway (source of a lot of work. The Czech's are the worst drivers in Europe) Let me know well in advance and I will make the arangements. This is a pic of the Jihlava base. The doors open and the pad moves out automaticaly when we have a callout (the machine stays inside to keep the engines and transmission warm to save a lengthy wait for temps in winter. -20 at the moment) During summer it is left outside.

At the moment:

Summer:
[/img]
WhirlyGuy
Administrator
Administrator

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is what I call one seriously smart hangar!!

Cheers for the info. I'm sure Mrs. Whirly will be really interested in that.
Was that building built specifically for the Helicopter base or was it originally something else.

BTW thankyou for the exceptionally kind offer of the visit. I'm sure we would both love to come over one day when we get the time so thanks for that!! Smile

Best wishes,

W-GUY

W-Guy - PPL(H)
James T Lowe

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BigMike! The idea of visiting Prague this year has been mooted in the JTL Household - if/when it happens, I should love to take you up on the office of the visit. Will let you know... Very Happy Cool Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » EMS, SAR & Law Enforcement All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: