Administrator

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see what we can do! Wink
Catwoman
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: TC's request for the Can Can!! Reply with quote

You dirty ol' man TC!!! Wink

Okay, this is the deal!!

You come along to one of the HeliTorque get-togethers (not something like Weston Helidays) and me and WhirlyGirl may perform a can-can for you Wink How about that then?! Cool

Would be good if you could make it to Barnsdale Hall. Smile (In June 2005!! Confused

TTFN
CW
Smile Smile
Extra XXXXXX
Flying Foxy
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've STILL not had the video posted of the last can-can have we....it was promised so long ago.

FF

WhirlyGirl
Administrator
Administrator

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I will put that on the agenda for the next updates to the site!! Wink

WhirlyGirl Cool
Thomas Coupling
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green

GPS - No fix available Sad
James T Lowe

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas Coupling wrote:
Mr. Green

You really don't know what you're missing TC - it's worth waiting for.

Although, you could see it live next time - why don't you come along to Barnsdale Hall in G-SPEY? Please. Wink
Catwoman
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Barnsdale Hall - Can Can Reply with quote

Oh Crikey!!!

Does this mean that we have to do the 'can-can' ...... AGAIN!!! Come on TC, we WILL NOT do the can-can unless you are present Wink at Barnsdale Hall (unless, of course, you come up with a date for a 'do' at your place Wink )

TTFN
CW
Smile Smile
XX
Thomas Coupling
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trouble is....

I know both ladies Husbands very well Sad Both are helo jocks, and both can run faster than me Shocked Wink

I will try and get to the lodge - honest. But I don't always know what I'm doing from one day to the next!

WhirlyGirl
Administrator
Administrator

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well make sure you come across to the "Hall" rather than the Lodge or you'll probably be having a party all by yourself! We are planning to land on the football field at Barnsdale Hall Hotel.

With regard to the husbands, last time they didn't stop us - they were as eagar to see the can can as everybody else!!

Now back to the Heli Champs.... How many are on your team TC?

WhirlyGirl Cool
Alan
'Torquing Regularly
'Torquing Regularly

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The British team will consist of 7 crews and the current World ladies champions who are British. The recent practise events and British championship results will make up part of the decision as to who is picked for the final team. The final decision will be made after the Brits in June and then the team will concentrate on sharpening their skills for August. The Russians have always been a very strong team to beat and spent up to 60 hours practicing prior to the 2002 World Championships and tenths of a second can decide the gold medal winners sometimes.

Each country can supply up to 10 judges who must be on the FAI approved list which is up dated each March. Friends and supporters are also welcome to go and in 2002 the total number for the British team was 48. The cost includes accommodation all meals, transport between the hotel and airfield and any official ceremonies such as the opening and closing ceremony.

Go to the HCGB website and look at the Championship Intropage which has the details of how to register your interest. Also the Download page has information on cost to attend as part of the team and location.

Anyone that wants to be part of the team as competitor, judge or supporter has to go through John Matchett, HeliteamGB manager. His contact email can be found on the HCGB website Contacts page.

I was team manger in 2002 and also organised the last two Brits and the World Championships is great fun mixing with like minded helicopter people from the World over including: Switzerland, Germany, France, Russia, Croatia, Japan, China, USA and a lot more. It???s like the Brits and Helidays but 10 times more fun.
WhirlyGirl
Administrator
Administrator

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,

Have visited the HCGB website however I can't see a page about the championships. I assume you have to log in to access it...

WhirlyGirl Cool
R22-Adam
High Flying 'Torquer
High Flying 'Torquer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official web site of the world champs is:

www.whc2005.info

But here's all the info, taken from the HCGB web site, for any non-members. Membership is only ??45 a year for the HCGB, and they have quite a few good events and give out their list of members, including those who have helipads we can all use. Worth joining. Members always welcome. I would happily propose any new member of here, if you want to join:

Quote:

Netheravon practice weekend 23/24th April

Dear Everyone, A reminder to say we have an important date in the diary for a fully scored and timed practise at Netheravon week end 23/24th April. In addition to the slalom and fender events crews will have the opportunity to practice and be scored on the timed arrival and precision square. The fomat will be practice runs at each event incorporating a timed and scored run at your instigation. Judges will have the opportunity to use scoring and timing procedures that will be applied in the British Championships on June 11/12th and World Championships 16-20th August. We will require assistance from Ground staff so if you know of additional people willing to help please do bring them along. There will briefings on Saturday evening on Forward Team Strategy and on the Sunday events Accommodation is available at the High Post Inn and I recommend an early reservation. The cost of an overnight stay with dinner bed and breakfast is ?? 90 fully inclusive, ??55 sharing. I will be sending you a full programme nearer the date but please plan to arrive between 10.15am and 10.45am for a start at 11.00am on Saturday 23rd. Meantime, very important, can you let me know your intentions and availability by Monday 11th April. I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible Best Regards, John

World Helicopter Championships in 2005 at Rouen

Just a note to say on Friday 4th March Alain Bouchez and Jaques Escaffre made a successful proposal to the FAI on behalf of the French Aero Club for running the World Helicopter Championships in 2005 at Rouen. As a result, the organisation of the Championships has been awarded to France and they will be run over 16th-20th August 2005. For further information please take a look at the following websites. www.whc2005.info, www.helico.org, and www.fai.org/rotorcraft/documents/ for the latest rules.

Latest Update on the British Team Practise and The World Championships

Just a note to keep everyone informed of forward plans regarding the British Team. The HCGB willl be running the British Championships over the 10-12th June at Heythrop Park. British Team selection will take place after these Championships. In addition Netheravon will be available for practise on 19th/20th March, 23/24th April, and 15th May. Please note the weekend of April 23rd/24th will be a fully judged and timed pre-trial for the World Championships. I ask those of you who are keen to fly or judge in the British Team, to enter both this session on 23rd/24th April and the British Championships on the 10th-12th June. The final location of the World Championships will be announced after the next FAI meeting on 3rd/4th March. It is planned to run it over 15th- 20th August 2005, and combine it with the FAI Centenary celebrations. Suitable locations are currently being checked out in Northern France. We are looking at possible sites in the Midlands and the North for your own private practice which will I hope save on fuel costs. As soon as there is further news I shall be back in touch. Best Regards John Matchett John.Matchett@thematchettgroup.com

World Helicopter Championship 2005 Information now published in download section.

A number of pdf files have now been published in the download section of the HCGB website. These include: entry fees, visual approch charts, and official invitation from the French Helicopter Club. Championship website: http://www.whc2005.info/ Also the French Helicopter Club will be holding their National Open Championships at Rouen and an entry form is available from the following address: www.helico.org/reglements_competition.htm

Also, this information from the HCGB site (you may need to be a member for this one, or at least arrive with one):

Quote:

June 10-12th (Fri-Sun) British Helicopter Championships, Oxon.

The biggest club event of the year, and not to be missed! The British Helicopter Championships will be held at Heythrop Park, Oxfordshire. Heythrop offers a variety of room styles and prices so there should be something there for everyone. Double occupancy rate for a standard room will be approx. ??160 per person for the whole weekend and ??225 single occupancy. Upgrades vary from ??86 ??? ??150 per room night. The Championships will be run under FAI World Championship rules in anticipation of the World Helicopter Championships in August and will act as a team selection event. Competitors and judges will arrive on Friday afternoon for a comprehensive briefing. Saturday morning will be the Navex followed by the Timed Arrival in the afternoon. The black tie Championships Dinner will be held on Saturday evening at ??40pp. On Sunday , the Slalom and Fender events will be held followed by prizegiving. Visiting helicopters will be welcome on Saturday and Sunday, but you must have our landing information and briefing, including special radio frequency, before arriving.

Thomas Coupling
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not MY team!! Shocked

Blimey WG - can you imagine my selection process?

38 24 36 - yup you'll do Very Happy
====================================

It's hard work, dedication and performance that counts.

TC

WhirlyGirl
Administrator
Administrator

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see! I was getting confused with the UK championships. Thanks all that info Adam, I will have a look at those websites later. Very Happy

WhirlyGirl Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » Upcoming Events All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: