Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:16 am Post subject: Wanted: Agricultural helicopter pilot
Island Conservation requires the services of a highly experienced and skilled agricultural helicopter pilot for work in the Aleutian Islands of Alaska in Oct-Nov 2008. Pilot must have exceptional experience in aerial poison bait broadcasting of either 1080, Pest-Off or other pelletized baits
on mainland New Zealand or on off-shore islands.
Desired qualifications are as follows:
- Hold a current New Zealand Commercial Pilots License & medical with a minimum of 3000 hours rotorwing.
- The pilot must have a current NZ Chemical Rating and NZAAA (New Zealand Aerial Agricultural Aviation Association) certification.
- The pilot must have obtained the New Zealand Growsafe Pilots Agricultural Rating (NZ8409:2004).
- Pilots that have flown in excess of 1,500 hours of poison bait broadcast will be considered.
- Pilots will need have in minimum of 2,000 hours DGPS guidance experience in any type of aerial agricultural application.
- Pilots will need to obtain TSA clearance and hold no Civil Aviation or Criminal Convictions.
- Ideally pilots will need to be rated on AS350, H369 & Bell206/L helicopters and have a minimum of 250 hours spreader bucket & DGPS
experience on the particular type used for the contract.
- Pilots will need to be current in both aerial baiting and DGPS flying and have flown this type of operation in the past 6 Months.
- Pilots will need to supply references and details on previous 1080 campaigns & control operations, off-shore baiting projects as well
as major forestry/ Agricultural bucketing or fertilizer spreading operations.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum