New Yesterday: 0
Registering: 0
Members: 6662
Latest: chrisw

Most Ever Online
Visitors: 613
Members: 0
Total: 613

HeliTorque :: View topic - Next helicopter safety evening ?
Forum FAQ
Forum FAQ
Search
Search
Memberlist
Memberlist
Usergroups
Usergroups
Contact Manager
Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » Upcoming Events

Next helicopter safety evening ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ORC
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Next helicopter safety evening ? Reply with quote

Are there any plans for more safety evenings ? I could not make the last one in Leeds which I think was the closest to me . It seems they were a great success and extremely useful Very Happy Sorry if I missed anything in another post but I dont seem to have a search facility any more Sad
veeany

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORC

Very much so, we had planned to do the South West at some point this week, but that got shelved after the G-REDL crash, as some of you will be aware the Captain, Paul Burnham was a good friend of mine and SgtFrogs, Pauls funeral is today and once that is over we are going to get stuck in properly once agan.

There are plans for South West England (Devon ish), Scotland and then 2nd round evenings back in roughly the same locations we have already done.

The 1st round evenings are usually very similar to Leeds and the 2nd round will be more focussed on Type specific stuff, some will hopefully include the NATS guys talking about airspace infringements and the London Control Zone.

Phil Croucher puts his own evenings together at Wycombe and these are usually smaller but very well received, some of the people who've been to both have said they prefer Phils informal chat style of things, some prefer the kind of things I've been putting together, I can see both sides to be honest, and we may tend towards Phils approach in the future, but think it would be difficult with group sizes like we had at Leeds, where from memory we had 71.

I HOPE to do South West England in the 2nd Week of May now, but this is still to be confirmed.

If anyone has any ideas for things that they would find useful in future evenings then please let me know, I am always up for putting more material together even if we don't normally plan to use it. its good to have in the bag for the future or during Question time.

I also plan to dedicate the whole initiative to Pauls memory and that will hopefully give us some focus to continue with it, into the future.

Any thoughts ?

Gary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » Upcoming Events All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: