New Yesterday: 0
Registering: 0
Members: 6662
Latest: chrisw

Most Ever Online
Visitors: 546
Members: 0
Total: 546

HeliTorque :: View topic - Calling All Rotorheads...
Forum FAQ
Forum FAQ
Search
Search
Memberlist
Memberlist
Usergroups
Usergroups
Contact Manager
Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » Torque, Chat, and Chill!

Calling All Rotorheads... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanM
'Torquing Regularly
'Torquing Regularly

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Moss
overweight ish
GSOH

oops wrong website!!! :

I am an ATCO (Air Traffic Controller!)
Work at West Drayton, after being a (Very!) civil ATCO at Farnborough and Heathrow.
Now work on 125.62 (heathrow SVFR/helilanes) and 132.7 (Thames Radar)
Was in the RAF - working as an Ops controller in the Gulf War 1 on 18/230 Sqns (Chinook and Puma:)) so have a passion for Helis!

Spent my RAF career at RAF Benson and RAF Gutersloh (and Odiham!!)

Any ATC Q's..... please ask!

Alan

(Oh and a seriously keen photographer of ANYTHING!!)

www.kbmphotography.com
www.pbase.com/kbmphotography
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?photographersearch=KBMphotography&distinct_entry=true
Flyer
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have been flying since November 93.
Got my CPL H in 96, spent 97 - 99 doing all sorts involving a Jetranger loved it all except hovering for two hours over Bristol waiting for the mathew to start it's voyage.

I also did Pleasure flying at the helidays in 97 and 98, loved it.
Since 99 I have been based up north and left, flying offshore.

Just found this forum and thought it needs some support.

Well so much for now.

Regards Flyer
WhirlyGirl
Administrator
Administrator

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Welcome! Reply with quote

Welcome guys! Great to hear from people with experience!! Look forward to talking to you all in the future and learning from your experiences! Smile

WhirlyGirl Cool
Flyer
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not call myself experienced but am more than happy to pass on any lesson's learned whilst in a helicopter.

Regards Flyer
Catwoman
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Welcome ........ Reply with quote

Flying helicopters - best job in the world!!

Hope you enjoy the Helitorque site....

P S Post links to any pictures you have.

Also, an avatar of yourself!!
Catwoman
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Welcome Pilotwolf Reply with quote

Great avatar!!!

I have been to Redhill quite a few times!!! In a plank though!!!
Don't recall recognising you when I have been there!!

Hope you enjoy the site.
Catwoman
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Welcome Flyer Reply with quote

I am a complete novice in this flying industry (have got about 35 - 40 hours in a plank thing!!) Planks not quite the same as helis!! I am very privileged though, because I am married to a heli instructor, so do get a chance to fly the Jetranger from time to time - brilliant machine!! Try to pick up info, but I need to get down to nitty gritty of flying the damn machines more often!!

Hope you enjoy the site!!
whirlygig
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am an accountant living near Newbury. I got my PPL(H) in Norwich last summer (2003) on a Schweizer. Was bitten by the helicopter bug when I had a pleasure flight in the summer of 2002. I would like to go on and get a CPL; still at the planning and logistics stage at the moment!

Keep up the good work on the site.

Cheers

Whirlygig
WhirlyGirl
Administrator
Administrator

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Same here!!! Reply with quote

Whirlygig wrote:
Was bitten by the helicopter bug when I had a pleasure flight in the summer of 2002.

Spooky!! So was I! Wink August to be precise! After taking a trip in a Jetranger - got me totally and hopelessly addicted.

Whirlygig wrote:
I would like to go on and get a CPL; still at the planning and logistics stage at the moment!

Snap! Same here... perhaps we should go to school together and do those exams!! Smile Hey, since you learnt in a Schweizer, perhaps you'd like to visit the "training machines" thread http://www.helitorque.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7 and share your training experiences with us. I have never flown a Schweizer - I have done most of my training on an R22, so it'd be interesting to compare...

WhirlyGirl
Dolmangar
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about 3/4 through my PPL(H), which I'm doing in a '60 Bell 47-G2.

Airplanes always interested me, as my father works for Pratt & Whitney

http://www.pratt-whitney.com/, one of the major aircraft engine manufactures. So aircraft, space and science were always topics of discussion. A few years ago my interest turned towards helicopters, probably because of the uniqueness of their abilities. I live about 25 miles west of Washington, D.C., on the flight path to Dulles International Airport. With the capital so close, I see helicopters of all types constantly. My current job assignment puts me downtown between the Navy Yard, and the Pentagon, so I???m constantly seeing UH-1s, H3s, 407s, OH58s (206), and even saw a CH53 come flying in one day.

I???m currently planning my first cross-country flight. and I???m considering continuing my lessons up to a commercial rating (I figure if I???m going to pay to fly, I might as well be working towards something). Part of that will probably include taking fixed-wing lessons to build up some powered flight hours at a cheaper rate.

The Bell 47 is a great a/c. Not really fast (100mph max, 85 cruise), but a fantastic view, minimalist cockpit, no governor/correlator/limiter (so I???ve learned to handle my RPM smoothly)(it actually does have a correlator, but is doesn???t do very much), not to mention its got enough room that you???re not cramped in shoulder to shoulder.
JLM
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm Jim, male 22 from Stratford-upon-Avon, it is my dream to fly and hoping to gain my PPL a.s.a.p (just sorting out finances!). I live near Wellesbourne airfield which is a real pain because I get so envious with all the whirlybirds flying overhead! Have had a trial lesson which my parents treated me to for my 21st birthday (in a R22), that was absolutely phenomenal! Very Happy Have since flown with a friend who had his own Hughes 269 but has now sold it Crying or Very sad . New to the site and finding it very helpful and fascinating, keep up the good work!
Regards,
Jim
Flying Foxy
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul here, based up in Sheffield doing a PPL(H) which I've wanted to do since about 1990 but not been able to afford 'til now
I suppose I'm a musician but it's a difficult job to pigeonhole like that except by its description, I tune pianos. I'm an amateur musician in whatever spare time I have, long-time member of an orchestra on the French Horn and occasional playing in shows.

Flying.
1st trial flight from Netherthorpe grass strip, with Capt. Geoff Day in R22 G-OHHL, 1993.
Started lessons at Doncaster Airport (with Capt. Adrian Drewery) but the council decided Donny needed a 4th boating lake so it was dug up. We always had to put up with traveller's ponies and model aircraft nuts there!

Relocated airfields to Wickenby, then to the Heli-Scott place up the A1 nr Pontefract which is now a service shop better known as Walton Wood.

<<<<<<10year gap>>>>>>

On my birthday last year (03), Sheffield Airport (EGSY) took delivery of G-CCJE - a Schweizer 300CBi and I was about the 1st trial flight at around 6.30pm - we needed panel lights coming home! Bill, the Ops Manager asked if I had got the bug - well it never left me really.

So this was my introduction to Dragon Helicopters and I've been virtually every week since then. I have a share in the helo, seemed a good idea to me.. I think I own one skid and 2 drive belts..

Most recent bit of fun was a fabulous 4 day away from EGSY to Copenhagen, then Gothenburg and back, in a Bell 206 Longranger. We took 1 CFI, one non-piloting father-in-law (not mine) and 4 pilots, 2 with PPLs and 2 students. Wow - what a beauty to fly! Power steering! 120 knots!
That was great.

This week 'we' acquired a Twin Squirrel and I can't wait to have a play - autopilot, teasmade, ironing board, the lot!

Great site - lots to read.

Flying Foxy

CoyoteUgly
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

germany.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I've got no idea how I got here (must have been google's fault I guess) but once I started reading the posts I kind of got to like this forum. It's not as anonymous as most of the other forums, it's got some family touch.

Well, I'm 34, based in Hamburg/Germany. I'm a CPL(H) and FI(H) with @ 2300 hours. Flying helicopters is my childhood dream. Never wanted to do anything else but flying. Now I'm stuck to it, can't do anything else but flying. Laughing

Frank

Ohhh, if you find any spelling mistakes, feel free to keep them Wink
WhirlyGirl
Administrator
Administrator

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Welcome Coyote!! Reply with quote

Welcome Frank!!

Great to hear from another CPL(H)! This forum is really growing now, and on an international level! Glad you like it here, and hope to hear and learn lots from your many experiences of flying helicopters. Smile

WhirlyGirl Cool
Catwoman
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Hello there Frank Reply with quote

Glad you could join the HeliTorque site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » Torque, Chat, and Chill! All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26

Jump to: