Contact Manager
Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » Student Pilots & Hour Builders

All going well but due aviation law pretty damn soon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richie82
Shy 'Torquer
Shy 'Torquer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: All going well but due aviation law pretty damn soon Reply with quote

Hi all,
Im currently going through my ppl h and enjoying every minute of it, despite a couple of proper gusty days!
anyway, next week im doing ex.11 with circuits, touching on it briefly on sunday, looks like fun. Im happy as only total'd up 7 hours so getting to grip with things pretty well.
However, I have to do the law exam pretty soon as obviously the next step is to go solo. I have the latest pooleys book, but have to admit the read is that much like poking myself in the eye with a pin! I know I have to get hold of it, and know the lot but how is everyone else doing it, is there a more compelling way? easier studying guides etc?

Thanks and look forward to the replies

Rich
veeany

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aviation Law is perhaps a necessary evil during training.

Try and view as a way to keep yourself out of the sh1t once you have your licence.

It is too easy to assume you can go anywhere and do anything when you first start, part of aviation law is learning how we are all supposed to behave and realted to who gives way to who perhaps withotu the why which would make it easier.

Most of our rules are beased around things written in other countries and ratified by ICAO but we (in the UK) have our own special way of doing things with regards to were and when you can land at or overfly places.

If you look upon this as a way to protect your investment in your licence you wont go far wrong.

The exam is one thing, how to apply your knowledge is another, there are thos around who have no interest in Air law, but they paint themselves into a corner by not being able to do some flights which are legal because they think they are not (a msitake we all make every now and again).

Dont compromise safety, just because a flight is legal doesn't mean its safe and vice versa.

GS
Harry
Shy 'Torquer
Shy 'Torquer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the best "study guide" was the example papers book with answers, as the answers are also explained with some detail.

But not a short cut for actually knowing the law...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » Student Pilots & Hour Builders All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: