Memberlist
Usergroups
Usergroups
Contact Manager
Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » The Bar

MILITARY MEDEVAC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

When hiring a new pilot, who would you take first? miltary with 2500TT (400 NVG) or civilian with 2500TT (no NVG experience)
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 13 ]
miltary with 2500TT (400 NVG)
44%
 44%  [ 11 ]
No
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
civilian with 2500TT (no NVG experience)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Voted : 5
Total Votes : 25
This poll does not expire

hwkdriver
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

saudiarabia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: MILITARY MEDEVAC Reply with quote

hey guys/gals. If any of you have any questions about Military MEDEVAC ops feel free to throw it out here and I'll do my best to answer or find the answer. I've been flying Army MEDEVAC for almost 12 years and have flown alot of civilian and military missions during peace time as well as over 300 MEDEVAC missions during combat operations in the Afghanistan theater of operations.

FLY SAFE,
Craig
Heli-Ops
H Addict
H Addict

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig - Welcome to the forum and remember to tell the rest of the troops at Wheeler (presume thats where you are at) about the site here.

What ever happened to the dedicated medevac version of the Blackhawk that Air Methods were working on for the US Army, did that ever come to fruition. I remeber seeing photos of it but dont know what happened from there.

Cheers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Name
hwkdriver
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

saudiarabia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Glad to be here!!! Reply with quote

Glad to find this site the other day. I'll do what I can to spread the word about this sight to my fellow bretheren here at WAAF. I am only here for another 28 days and then I'm moving to Fort Rucker, Alabama where I'll be instructing new Army pilots how to fly the Blackhawk. I don't know what's more dangerous, flying in a very mountainous combat area of Afghanistan or teaching new students... Laughing
What happend to the 60 that Air Methods was putting together. Well 3 of those "L" model 60's ended up at Fort Hood, Texas and they are called HH-60L+. They borrowed the "HH" identifier from the Air Force for some reason, I can't remember. But they couldn't call it the "Q" model anymore seeing how the "Q" model is on an "A" airframe. Make any sense yet? LOL
The Army is coming out soon with the "M" model and it is a super a/c with alot of advancements for Army aviation. You can go to this sight and check it out if you'd like.
www.hawkonline.us

Fly safe,
Craig
Halo13
Shy 'Torquer
Shy 'Torquer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3-82 MEDEVAC is forming up here at Bragg, they still need a couple of more pilots to fill some slots if you know anyone interested. Half of my company just transfered there.
eVac
Shy 'Torquer
Shy 'Torquer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: HH 101 Reply with quote

Hey all, Just wanted to clear up the "Q" model and HH thing here. I've been in the unit that started the Q for about 8 years now.

There are four UH-60Q's that are still in operation in the Tennessee Army National Guard. At the time of the development of the aircraft, the HH designation was specific to SAR (The Air Force is responsible for designating all aircraft for all the services). You see the HH used in all US military services that have a primary set up of SAR. In the last few years, the Air Force has updated that designation to MEDEVAC/SAR. With that change though the understanding is that that aircraft was specifically build for that mission (Like the Q's, but unlike the UH's with a Medical "Kit" installed). With this change, about 4 months ago the Q's were redesignated HH-60A's (2028s are still flying over this one but you'll see changes in the manuals soon). So, HH because it's a specifically built MEDEVAC aircraft and 60A because it was built on an H-60A airframe.

Now there are about 20 HH-60L's floating out there between 3 units (I know because I was on the fielding team for all of them and have some in my unit). The HH-60L is identical to the Q (or now HH-60A) except it was built on an H-60L airframe.

We are working a HH-60M already and should have one flying by mid 07.

Hope this helps cut down the confusion. Drop me a line if you have any questions on the HH's.

DUSTOFF!

Steve
hwkdriver
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

saudiarabia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Steve V??? Reply with quote

Hey Steve, they keep pumping out those HH's don't they? I'm down here at Rucker now teaching FSXXI flight students. Stop by the next time that you're at Rucker.

Craig
Heli-Ops
H Addict
H Addict

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eVac - Whats the differences from the Q to the L and then the M models.

I saw the orginal Q model and it looked quite promising. Why the change away from it back then.

Cheers

Ned

anuva brilyant mynd rooind buy tha publick ejakayshun sistum
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Name
eVac
Shy 'Torquer
Shy 'Torquer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Q/L/M Reply with quote

The YUH-60Q (prototype/ proof of principle) went through many configuration changes. This aircraft was built on a basic H-60A airframe. Many of the configurations were way too heavy for the T-700 engines. The "production" Q's look nothing like the prototype because they had to shed so much weight (and money). Now we're still pretty heavy for an A-model airframe but we make it work. Power management being a big key.

There were only 4 Q's made because of this. Like I explained above, the HH-60L has the same exact cockpit and cabin systems as the Q but is built on the H-60L airframe. The basic differences being up top; powertrain and powerplant upgrades.

With the army working on the UH-60M, the MEDEVAC community is going to stay side by side with the utility community for a change. When the utility guys change to the UH-60M, the MEDEVAC guys of that same brigade will change to the HH-60M.

The H-60M cockpit is totally different than the current cockpit (UH or HH). Up top, again changes in the powertrain and powerplants all for the better. The HH-60M will also have some small improvements in the cabin systems compared to the Q's and L's.

I hope this answers your question. I have tons of pictures of the YUH-60Q through the newest HH-60L sitting out on my ramp but may need some tutoring on how to insert them here.

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » The Bar All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: